Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Gypsy...................Friends


Way back in my blog archives, I did a post on friendship. I had to end one that I thought was solid. This blog is going to be similar, although I am not ending a friendship, it's about new ones I have started.

Back in my teens, I'd say this was the summer before 7th grade. We had new neighbors move in next door to us. There were 4 kids, although one was already grown, but living at home. Two girls and Two boys. The younger ones, a girl and a boy, befriended my brother and me. (Randy, whom you've sorta met in another blog) Randy was close to David, and I became close to DeeDee.

DeeDee and I ran together until pretty close to the ending of my senior year, although there was a period in middle school where we had a falling out. Minor, but it was a pivotal moment in my life, and shaped the woman I am now. She had told me something, and asked that I not repeat it. Long story short, I did. I think looking back on it, it was a period of time where I was still figuring out who I was and where I fit in in life, and giving up a confidence was a way of trying to fit in. As young girls do. The falling out with DeeDee, didn't last more than a few weeks, but it impacted me in a huge way.

God is a huge part of my life. He's 1st. Honesty and integrity in everything I do is 2nd. There are times where I have had to be blunt and have come off sounding un-caring, but it has to do with how I live my life. The people in it now, are people who I believe will be in it for good. Whether that is in a relationship, or a friendship. Truth hurts, but it's the best policy. I won't have people in my life that don't reciprocate the same level of honesty and caring.

I have had to re-define my relationships in the past year, and weed out the people who only care for themselves or who are friends with me for their own gain. It was not easy, but it was the best. I am happier than I have ever been in my life and would not have it any other way. I love the people who are in it and have no plans to change how things are or how I live.

Don't wait for the world to change for you. Live your life with good intentions, see good in everything and everyone and work for positive change in your world....and you will never fail.


Put God 1st, surround yourself with people who also put God 1st, live with honesty and integrity and you'll always have peace of mind. Love and peace to my friends and loved ones.