Saturday, September 21, 2013

fodder...

Have you ever been in a situation that you know you are fragile, you know if you cave it is you who deals with the fallout, not the other people involved? 

Dealing with everyday life is difficult enough without having deep seated emotions thrown in on top of it. 

No, nothing worth doing or having is easy, but there is a time where you need to draw the line. Some people are incapable of doing this, especially if emotion is the driving force behind the decision making and not a logical well thought out choice... 

Processing each step in your life is not easy, learning from it can be harder. What do you want, what do other people want, what's it about, and where does it lead.... is it a dead end, or does it have cross roads.... is the potential for something new there, or a renewal of something lost. 

We all have moments in time where we have to deal with the choices we make. The impact it may have on others. We're human, with base needs, visceral needs. Is it right though to follow through on that need when the impact could irreparably damage the people around them? 

I don't judge people, you do what you do, and I do what I do.... but the bottom line comes when you have to deal with the impact you have made on other's. Was the decision that I made right or wrong, and is the one the other person made, right or wrong.  

fodder.... food for thought 
I'll throw out an example. When I was pregnant, with my now 28 year old daughter, I made the decision to leave her father due to drug abuse and physical abuse. Years later, he said to me.... well if you stayed, it may have changed my behavior. Ha!  No, I don't doubt that for a minuet, it would have changed for the worst, not that we weren't already there, but it would have made the situation unbearable. So I left... you are responsible for your own actions, and I for mine. End of story. 

Amor vincit omnia... 

Love conquer's all..... 


No comments: