Friday, September 20, 2013

Music.......

Music..... 


I grew up with music... 

Every morning, my father would have KJR on the radio. Oldies but goodies. Evenings he had classical on the stereo, Mozart, Chopin, Beethoven, Bach....  He had the stereo in the living room and put speaker in the kitchen.  We would have music with breakfast and dinner. 

My mother sang in the church choir, but prior to that, and I may have mentioned this before, she sang Opera. She attended the New England Conservatory of Music and at graduation, sang Ava' Marie in Latin. 

We were all three of us, my two brother and I, trained classically on the piano. 14 years I did, then clarinet and key boards. We also were put into dance classes. Tap, Ballet, modern, and swing. All this starting at the ages of 3 for all of us. 

As I grew older, (my teens) I was turned on to Rock and Roll. Classic Rock. Rock from the 60's. (I think I could have lived the 60's very happily. Haight Ashbury, Woodstock.... oh the fun I would have had.) 

My mother hated it, not so much my dad. I think he was a little more free spirited than my mother. I remember though, he would yell, what most typical parents yell, "turn that crap down"!  I do this to my son now, when he has his sub woofer so loud and he's playing Frank Sinatra.. Laughing here, really? Sinatra with a subwoofer. Go figure.... but I still yell at him, I can't hear the music! 

By the way, I'd like to shoot who ever came up with the idea of putting a subwoofer in the trunk of the car, and having the bass so loud it's all you hear. At least with my music growing up, you could hear it.  

Missing my music too.... 




No comments: