Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pick it up... another post on manners.

I'm beginning to wonder how many of these post I am going to have to do..... I know I can't save the world from themselves, but someone? Anyone? 

Alright, so the last blog I did on manner's, was a few years ago. If anyone remember's it was about the mother of one of my son's friends. 

This one is a bit different, but same concept. Where in the HELL has everyone's manner's gone? This is common sense people. I mean really. We are talking about people in my age group, and I am not so old.. (40's)  *grin*  but I know damn well you were taught to respect other's and show some manner's.  

Let me ask you this; when you are in public, let's say at a restaurant, were you not taught to push your chair in at the end of the meal? How about when you drop food on the floor? Do you pick it up? 

I'm sorry people, but on this one, it is a huge pet peeve of mine. What kind of example are you setting for your children? Good lord, I would smack the stupid right out of mine if they did not pick up after themselves and push the chair in. They do it at home, they can show respect in a public place. 

It's not like the employee's have nothing better to do than to pick up after you. There is a thing called, prep, cleaning, required shift work, on top of waiting on you. Then back to prep, cleaning and required shift work all over again. 

If you are in a fast food place, you have requirements to meet on reaching a goal on how much is served per shift. There is such a thing as labor costs, and if the employee's getting behind because of your bad manners, and courtesy, and the boss is going over on labor cost, and so then hours get cut,  then maybe you should think about actually just helping out by doing some small things. 

And for crying out loud, if you really have a problem with how an employee is responding  or "not responding" immediately to your needs, because that employee is the only one there at the moment, then take it to the manager. For godsakes, they don't make the rules, they only follow them. 

Get a grip people, start treating other's with some respect. You might be surprised at the response you get if you do. 

My mother would be turning in her grave if she could see how some of you act! Probably your's also. It's not all sunshine and roses people. 
Pick it up.... no, you pick it up. 

No comments: