Wednesday, March 16, 2016

The American Dream

California or bust 
This is one of those Mondays, that is the epitome of a Monday. There is a reason for stereotypes, and that is not just for people, it is for days of the week, and months of the year too. 

Today, the 1st day of "spring" forward, a Monday of all days, which, for some reason always falls on a Monday. Well, not technically, it's on a Sunday morning, but the effect is on a Monday. 

Work started off with me in pain, per my normal work day, then proceeded to get even crappier, since I could not get a hold of the clinic I needed to. In the meantime. my son is texting me, saying he has been put on call, because his job does not have enough work to keep him even part time. 

His car is a P.O.S,  and his father does nothing to help him. Nor does his "ex" stepfather. My 16 year old son who lives with me, has mechanical issues with his car also.  Another P.O.S, and his father refuses to help make the car safe for him to drive, knowing he also has college and a commute for work. 

"Mom" to the rescue again. Not sure how I am pulling this one off since I am barely making it myself, but somehow I always do. I feel as though the men in my sons lives do this purposely so they can get back at me for some unknown reason, yet all it does is hurt the boys. 

In the meantime, I am on calls, and in text with a few friends, to see if I can at least get one of these cars in safe working order. The one "car" guy I know that is going through some major shit of his own, responds to my text.  (I think we both have for the past 6 years of knowing each other) I asked how it was going, and I ended up with the major laugh of the day. 

His answer? "living the dream" "one nightmare at a time!"...lol... He was so spot on. 

So, if you know me, and know me well, I respond to most crisis in my life with sarcastic humor, which is why when I got that text back, I laughed my ass off. I don't think I would make it through some of the events that I have made it through, without my friends, my sons, and lots of humor. Sarcastic or otherwise. 

~peace~ 

No comments: