Sunday, January 25, 2009

Romantic nod to the past

With a look back at the past in yesterdays auction at the auctionwally booth on bonanzle, I found a bit of history that has not been in my collections.
I have always been attracted to photos from the past, and the people who are in them. I find that having a variety in my business, has helped tremendously with the clientele I attract, and also with my own knowledge of whats what.
I am adding a new section to Gypsy Trading Company, and I will keep you informed on detail, and content.
I want to say, the format that I experienced yesterday, could not be repeated elsewhere, and I commend the brains behind the idea! It was a blast, and look forward to the next round!
Thank you to Walt Kolenda for making the experience wonderful, and my first with a top auctioneer!

2 comments:

Cape Ann Auction said...

As someone who's been in the antiques world for quite a while, I can remember a time when old photos and prints were not really revered unless they were done by the top 10 artist in each field.

It's very comforting to see a new generation of collectors coming on board and being charmed by some of these stunning abeit lesser known works!

How can someone possibly consider paying $29.99 or more for a reproduction artwork when so much of the real deal is out there are a much more reasonable price.

It people like you that are helping to save this important part of history by talking about it here.

Thanks for that,

AW

Kat Barton said...

Well thank you for that Wally,
I love anything with a past, it is what shaped us. These traditions are handed down to our children, and they will one day be our future.