Thursday, January 14, 2010

What makes you an expert?

In the past year, I have learned many things about on-line selling and marketing. Most good, but some has been questionable. So here's the question: What makes YOU an expert.

I follow many blogs, forums, groups, pod-casts, and other media tools to learn how to market myself. I have joined social media sites, and gone to webinars, that have given me value for my business. I also have google alerts set up. Google alerts tell me whats happening around me, when I can not fit in to my schedule all the things I think I would find value in, so I can go to my alerts later when I do have the time, and read to my hearts content.

One of the alerts that come up is on forums. I have set mine up generically, so I sometimes get forums I do not read or follow. Remember here, I am looking for content in my business, ie, Antiques and collectibles. However I do get the odd piece in once and awhile so need more than just the antiques category's. So I do read some of the forums I would not normally turn to for research value.

A lot of the forums, I question, not because I think they may not be reputable, but I see comments come in to my alerts, fairly often when a person is basing thier expertise on a sellers, feedback or how much they may be selling the item for. Now personally, I have only sold on-line for a year, so my feedback is going to be lower than people who have done this for 10 years or more.

Here is just an example: I have some LLadro's listed in my store. My prices are market prices. However, I could conceivably list way below that if I paid way below that.... get the idea here? If I purchase a "lot" of ephemera at auction for re-sale, I can lower my price, based on what I paid. I want to make money, not have a store house full of items I can not sell because some may be to high priced, or for that matter to "low" priced and a potential customer believes it may be fake.

My point is there are many people out there who claim to be experts, but who are really only giving an opinion based on sellers feedback and price. This practice is arbitrary and can do damage to someone starting out, new to on-line, but has been in business, and has integrity and honesty in dealing with people.

Advice? Be careful who your giving "opinions" to. Talk to the person, find out who they are, find out their history and area of expertise before you possibly put someone out of business because you may not agree with pricing or feedback.

SO, what makes YOU an expert?

6 comments:

Brenda said...

At this point, I'm not a seller. I'm just someone who happens to have a 10X15 storage unit full of things I think are treasures. Occasionally, I wonder what something I have may be worth, and it is often quite difficult to pin it down. Same thing when I am trying to decide on an item to buy. Gypsy, you are right. If the price seems too high, based on my research and personal knowledge, I am suspect. And, if the price seems too low, then I wonder if it's the real deal. I have decided against buying an item for both reasons, even if the seller has been in business for years and has mostly good feedback. But I have, on occasion, bought something just because it felt right. For me at least, it seems my "gut" is my own inner expert that tells me whether something is a good buy. Now THERE's the challenge - marketing to someone's gut! LOL

Kat Barton said...

LOL..@Brenner. I agree, but some have very good "gut" instinct. I know I have things in my home that I have collected for years, won't sell, picked up cheap and are worth quite a bit. It was gut instinct. :P

Unknown said...

I am by far not an expert at anything. I do however base any opinion, advice,review, etc on facts. And the 'facts' are:
1. that many authentic items are sold and have been sold for less than what they are 'worth'. And plenty of reproductions are sold and have been sold for much more than an authentic one is 'worth'.
2. Every seller has to start at some time at some where. To base someone items and service abilities on the number of 'feedbacks' is insane. They maybe new to selling sure, or they just maybe new to the site or to eCommerce as a whole, moving a brick and motar onto the online world and bringing with them a ton of knowledge.
3. Not every buyer leaves feedback.

So to base the decision to buy or not to buy something strictly by these two things is a dumb move. You so called 'experts' can be missing out on a great deal.

PS - Just because one owns a Gucci bag or a Beatles Record doe not qualify them to claim they are an expert in Handbags or Vinyl.

Yeshuazgirl said...

Great article. It is true that many are so willing to offer opinions no based in fact or research. It is wise to be careful and do some research on your own first so that you can come from a position of knowledge when speaking to someone about x topic.

Dave White said...

Technology has provided nearly anyone a podium from which to yodle. Information is out their for consumption. It is up to us as consumers to do our due diligence! Great article!

Kat Barton said...

Thank you Dave. I agree, it is all about research and taking the time to know what your doing, and what your presenting. Thank you for your comments.