Monday, March 15, 2010

Round Three

As some of you know, who follow my blog, I have had trouble with a person, calling one of my items into question. I did a post on this back in November, or December, the second time it had come up.

Let me bring you up to speed with a bit of background if your unaware of the situation. I had an item reserved until I could prove authenticity. That was done to the best of my ability, and in the eyes of the site that I sell on, was accepted. It Should have been end of story. A month later, it was brought up again, and that was when I posted the 1st blog on this. Now the bottom line is, I still do not have a valid reason why this person is so adamant on my item being a fake. If I did, I could look into it further and possibly this person would be right. BUT, Because I do not, we are at an impasse.

Well, now we are on to round three. Here is the current situation. Because the item was deemed authentic, the person in question decided for themselves that this was un-true. They then went to a public forum and slandered me. I reported the slander, but because it was off the site that I sell on, again nothing could be done about it.

Several months have passed. On Monday of this week, I had a sale. At that time, my booth items dropped by one item. As they should. After getting the item ready and going and marking shipped, I look, and my booth items again dropped by one more.

HUH?? Well, because I have been busy, and because the site is relatively new, I thought nothing of it. May have been a glitch, which has happened before. A week passes. On Saturday, I go into my batch edit to use my mark down manager. I had decided to run a sale on china. THIS did not happen, because low and behold, there sits my item that I thought was no longer in question, with a big "SUSPENDED" next to it.

For those of you who know the site, you know that you can go in and report an item as fake. You use the "bomb" button. Each report is assigned a value so people do not take advantage of it. Meaning, if I report it, it is coming from my ISP address, I cannot then keep hitting that button. Well, I can, but it does no good.

Apparently, because of this, this person who originally thought my item to be fake, recruited a lot of people on different computers, to go in and "bomb" my listing. This to me tells me I am dealing with a mentality of a child and not a professional dealer.

I would hate to sell anything to anyone that is not what I think it is, however, if I am not provided the information to research it further, then I am stuck with what I have, and that is the item is real.

At this point in this on going saga, I have decided to keep it listed. Even though the public slander is creating doubts about my own ability, I refuse to allow anyone to control how I do business. I show integrity, and honestly in dealing with my customers, and that is all I can do.
Post a Comment