Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Roots

Today I had some hard decisions to make. I knew they were coming and I didn't want to make the wrong ones. You see, it involves my children and my granddaughter whom I have custody of.

I will give you some back ground..... I grew up, in the same home, same parents... no divorce. My parents are still married, 58 years this year,  and only sold their home after 45 years of living there. We always had our home and friends to go back to. I still have friends I grew up with. I went to the same schools my entire life, and stayed in the same area my whole life. Realistically, I understand that may not be an option, but I will do what I can to make it happen for them. I will not abandon them.

I understand that in this day and age things are different, but it doesn't have to be. I want my children to have stability and responsibility and accountability. Choosing to be with Rick is giving them that. I'm not saying that their father is a bad father, I'm saying we have different views on how the children should live. 

I am trying desperately to hang onto my home. I want them in the same schools, they have been traumatized enough with what they have dealt with in the last year and a half. I get that the market is down, I get that I am under or over 120,000,00 in debt if I choose to short sale my home. However, the money is not the issue, if I can find a way to hang on to this dead horse and make it work for the children, then I will do so. I do no want to up-root them, and have them face more challenges than they need to at this point in time.

At the moment I live in a 1932 farm house. It needs work, but nothing major. The kids love this house and the school they are in. They have friends and activity's that would change for all of them if I let it go. This is one of the hardest decisions I will ever have to make, and as far as I am concerned, I will fight for this place to my dying breath.

To the one who is making me fight for this..... remember, karma is a bitch, and it will come back on you, For the ones who are helping me,... I cannot thank you enough, or express my gratitude in all you do for me through your friendship and support.

Signing off, god bless all of you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Kat, the economy is slowly getting better, and it's starting to accelerate. I am totally with you on stability for the kids, you know I have had my own problems with trying to keep my kids stable and safe in the house and town they have grown up in. A year or two ago I was in pretty deep despair, economically and custody wise, but somehow slogged through and things have changed dramatically for me. I know you will pull through this triumphantly!
Roger

Dede said...

You are a mama you will find a way to make it happen. At this very minute things seem really bad, but give it time and it will work out. You and your family are in my thought and prayers.
Blessings to you and yours!
(((HUGS)))

Kat Barton said...

Thank you Dede... Love and blessings to you. I know it's hard, but I will find a way, one way or the other.