Saturday, June 13, 2015

Who can take sorrow

Who can take sorrow, to use as a crutch

 to have all you need,  and never know it as such

 to have the warmth of fire, rather than the burn of his touch

I think about you so much; I think about you so much


The devil has my secret, he says he'd never tell

I leave it for safe keeping, He places it in hell


A match is struck once, a thought more than twice

honesty's a virtue, that waver's on the ice

It screams in all directions, it slices like a knife

I'll think about you, all of my life


The devil has my secret, he says he will not tell

I leave it for safekeeping, He places it  in hell


I should choose the one in waiting, my life has gone on.

My lifes not broken, my homes not gone

I will choose the other, so sweet and loving

no?  I'll think about you, then continue on


The devil has my secret, he says he'll never tell

I leave it for safekeeping, and leave it in hell;

and let it burn in hell. The devil has my secret


When you died before I did, and heaven sent for you,

I know you stopped by and looked for me, to say goodbye again.

I'm movng on in life, it seems to be my lot

I know you know who, and that I give all I've got.


My life is given over to the one you chose for me,

I feel it in my daily life, it's how its suppose to be.

I think of you often, with all the love in my heart,

knowing that you're happy, with what I had to start.


The devil has my secret, I let it burn in hell,

and followed you to heaven,

with the man who has my heart.








No comments: