Friday, March 5, 2010

I said NAPS...............not CATS!

I will keep this relatively short.

So in the last several months, I have been going through some health issues. In a nut shell it came down to a test I had done last week. A bone marrow biopsy. Arrghh the pain. If any one of you find your self in this position, go for the blood work. It takes longer for results, less painful, and less expensive. Trust me, this was not fun.

Well, we got the results last night, but before I tell you them, I will tell you what lead up to this post. Everything was fine as far as my nerves go on this test. I knew what they were looking for, and had prepared my self for possible bad news. (I thought) Anyway, in the middle of this, we have a cat. She is pregnant, and so decides to go into false labor the day of my results. HA HA HA... I had been needing a distraction, because the closer the day came, the more nervous I got. Not sleeping well, and over tired. Well, I had a little chat with god, ya see, and asked for a distraction. He misunderstood.

I asked for a few NAPS, not a few CATS!

So, that was my distraction. God has a pretty weird sense of humor. My cat had false labor, I never got a nap, and the day was long.

The good news? The tests all came back negative. No rare blood cancer, no leukemia, no lymphoma. Back to the drawing board.

Still waiting on kittens to.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL .. yes God has a sense of Humor ... BUT he also knows best .. funny how both the tests and the labor of your kitty were both negatives!

Hope they discover what it is for you ... and may it be something as natural ( and easy to deal with) as a cat having kittems! :P

Brenda said...

Yeah, well, there are three answers to prayers - yes, no, and I have something better in mind. Clearly, God heard "naps" but came up with something better - a real distraction which also had the benefit of being excellent blog fodder! Ta! Da!

And, YAY! for no bad news! Which, of course, He already knew.

Love ya, hon. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

So glad the test was negative. And hope they figure out what it is soon. And, no, I don't want a kitten, already have two cats!

Kat Barton said...

Hey Books,

Yeah, us to. :)) You sure you don't want a kitten? Ren and Brenda are both getting one.

Yeshuazgirl said...

So glad all is well beauty! praying for you & the critter crat :D ((((HUGS)))

2woofers said...

In honor of the occasion I'm sending everyone who reads this a free kitten.......free shipping too!

Kat Barton said...

ROFL... I have 4 to add to it. As of this mornings posting, she had 4 little ones. 2 black and 2 cream ones. Doing good all of them.

the7thpwr said...

Hey Kat, Happy to hear about your results :) One of the few times it's good to be negative! Now that I think about it, a couple more come to mind.... anyways, if you have left over kitties, let me know. I have a daughter that loves cats and just got her own place right around the corner from you. Best Wishes!

Kat Barton said...

Well for crying out loud...lol....I remember you said you had a daughter up here. How close? Send me your email. I may have one left over, not sure yet.

As for results, yeah... they are still looking to see whats wrong with me. (I think cause I am blond)

~K.B said...

That's funny lol
It goes to remind us, becareful what we ask for, Sometimes it's misunderstood lol
TOO FUNNNY!
Congrads on the new babies and no bad diseases!!

Kat Barton said...

lol...yes. We don't always get what we want. ;)