Monday, June 21, 2010

Round Four.......... your kidding right?

Well here we go again. So I log into my bonanzle account this morning, and low and behold, my Louis Vuitton Vintage watch is gone. "poof" AGAIN!

So, In the last several months, I had been watching the Purse forum through my Google Alert's, and also a new forum by the name of effenhaute.com Not sure where the tagging and bombing came from, and it does not really matter. What matter's is these "self-proclaimed experts", are deliberately going after my business and now are making this very very personal.

Just a re-cap, for those of you who do not know the story behind this watch. It was originally listed in September of 2009. In November, it was tagged, and removed. I chatted with the site, (bonanzle.com) and the owners, and the watch was immediately re-listed. Everyone who has heard this story cringes. My feelings on this is if there was some sort of proof of a claim that the watch was indeed "fake" then the person needs to provide that, and we can all move on. At this point in time, "proof" has still not been provided. There has never been any contact between myself as a seller and the person who has decided this watch is a fake.

So, here we are in June of 2010, and once again, I am being signaled out by these people, and again with no proof to back up the claim. It was suggested at one point for me to join this forum, The purse forum and address the issue. HA HA HA. I think not. I did a bit of research on the original poster that decided he did not like my watch. Maybe competition for him? Who knows, but the point is, why would anyone of a business mind, want to join a forum where a 18 year old is making a claim against someone he know's nothing about, and insists that he is right. Oh, and let me clarify, he will be 19 in September. Lives in Hawaii, and probably thinks he knows it all, as teenagers do. (Yes, I do know who you are, and have the decency not to list your posting ID.) That would be called "being professional". SO Not on your life will I ever join this place. I have watched the forum and my views on this watch for months now. Let me tell you, the people who are going here to "authenticate" the items they are interested in buying are getting nothing but opinions, and that is all they are, from kids. Plain and simple. Kids who have nothing better to do than to make false claims they cannot back up with real proof. One of the alerts that came up, was a young lady who was 17 and asking for advice about her boyfriend on facebook, who may or may not be cheating on her with an on-line friend. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? This is the "reputable forum that thousands of people go to for advice on the money they are going to spend?

This question is for the buyer's. WHY would any of you in your right mind, not research an item, in a reputable manner? Your looking to spend thousands of dollars on a purse or a scarf, or trinket with a brand name, and yet you go to a forum on the internet? Oh yeah, they are so good at spotting the fake's. These people are kids. Put it in your Google alert's. Watch how professional they are when it comes to ripping people down and putting people out of business. Ruthless, and they are kids!

So take some advice people. Do it the right way. Go to the actual dealer. If you do not know the product you are going to buy, then research it, but do NOT use a forum on the internet that allows kids to make decisions about your money and other peoples business.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I have checked out the Purse Forum and yes, find it odd that Bonanzle would listen to MOST of the members there. I also find it odd they have a member of there staff playing footsy with the members. I imagine I am not the only one thinking that his behavior on the Purse Forum is far from being professional.
Judging from what I have read on the Purse Forum, any Joe Blow or Mary Jane can post 'Its a fake" and Poof, Bonanzle pulls the item.
IF Bonanzle insits on relying on places like The Purse Forum to dicate and authenticate items, they may want to reseach the members that are doing the finger pointing. Yes, many are good qualified dealers, but many many more are just kids whom cannot possess the expertise they claim to have.
At least ask for proof. -

Kat Barton said...

I agree... I have watched many an item go "poof" as soon as the allegation is made. Now I don't know other's experience, but I do know in mine, that "proof" has never ever been provided. Seem's to me that people need to slow down a bit and do the research. Ask for the proof, from the person who is making the claim. Don't just pull a listing because someone says it is fake.

simplydishing said...

Excellent article Kat.

Kat Barton said...

Thank you! ;) Good to see you here.

simplydishing said...

Yea....have been taking a long vacation, lol.

Kat Barton said...

LOL. well good for you. I am thinking I may need one soon. :)

Brenda said...

As a buyer, I don't expect a selling site to do my homework for me. It is ultimately my responsibility to determine if the item I am considering purchasing meets my expectations. However, if someone claims an item is fake, I would expect the site administrators to follow-up and demand clear proof. If that proof is provided then, and only then, the item listing should be withdrawn. I find it puzzling in the extreme that Bonanzle doesn't already have a written policy on this. In my opinion, having a public tug-of-war with someone claiming the same item is fake every 3 or 4 months damages the professional reputation of the entire site, especially when that person appears to be a kid with no expertise whatsoever. This is beyond ridiculous, and it's high time Bonanzle settle this matter once and for all.

Kat Barton said...

Well said! I agree with you on the policy. It is making all involved look bad. It's funny to, since I knew this would happen again, and bonanzle knew it would happen again, They even made a comment on one of the blog posts, stating they were looking into a way to resolve this. I think I even posted last week when the views shot up again that I would keep the watch listed till hell froze over. Well apparently, it has. This is way beyond ridiculous at this point, and it really needs to stop.

John J> Ziemba said...

Wow! I hear your frustration loud and clear. I'm not defending Bonanzle's policy, or lack thereof, but I think I do detect a bit of Google fear. It could be that Google is pressuring Bonanzle to post true stuff or suffer consequences, so any counter claims of fakes results in items being pulled. Especially since eBay recently got nailed for posting fakes. Obviously a policy must be pu into place that protects the sellers as well as buyers.

Kat Barton said...

John,
Thank you for the comment, and you support. However, this has nothing to do with Google. There is a report button on bonanzle for when and if someone thinks a product or item is fake. However, I think that more measures need to be put in place. Like Brenda said, this is not only frustrating and annoying for me, it is now making the site look bad, because apparently the issue is still not being addressed. A policy in place to protect the seller and the buyer would be more appropriate. In my case, VERO does not apply because we are discussing a vintage item that has no direct impact on the current market of Louis Vuitton. Requiring the person who believes the item to be a fake, to show proof why they believe it, would be the 1st step in stopping this mess we now have on our hands. This is again, obviously a vendetta against me personally, and by rights, should not have happened. Bonanzle is well aware of the fact that this is on going with this particular item, and still it continues. That tells me, that more needs to be done. Not only is it a waste of my time, it is now a waste of bonanzle time. We all have better things to do than to pander to a 19 year old that refuses to address the manner in a professional capacity.

John J. Ziemba said...

I don't understand Bonanzle's position. If they expected this to happen again and know the cause (unsubstantiated claim against 1 item) why penalize you as the seller? Why not block the claimant's future comments and be done with it. Who's on first, here?

Kat Barton said...

I do understand what your saying John, however I think with the server changes and other things Bill has been working on since the last post, that they just have not had the time. It takes awhile to make a listing go "poof" A reporter will loose the value if they are constantly hitting the button, so this is not just one person. This is one person getting a lot of friends to do it. It will happen again, I fully expect it, but in the meantime, I am hoping that Bill will come up with a policy to require validity of a claim.

John J. Ziemba said...

Ah! Now I fully understand.

2woofers said...

The world abounds with idiots and this is a prime example of one. Time to dig in and fight, and we'll help in any way we can. When hell freezes over it's time to get out the matches......and gasoline.......and dynamite.........

Unknown said...

Thats one of the reasons I left Bonanzle. I was listing some perfectly legal medical devices and one lady who sells books took it on herself to report and have 6 listing removed. She decided that they served no practical purpose and didn't like them.

I emailed support and asked about it. I told them I understand that they can not research every item that gets reported but at least they could let me know before they end the listing so I could provide information. That said since they were ended and Bonanzle does not or did not keep listings so they were lost. To relist I would have to research again and start from scratch. I just let them ride on Amazon and sell out there.

Hopefully some day the Admin at Bonanzle with demand proof before they end a listing on the word of 1 buyer or seller. It's like they have a 50/50 shot of being right and always choose on the side of the person making the complaint.

Good luck selling the watch if you decide to list again.

Kat Barton said...

Morning James~
Thank you for the input. Again, bonanzle has really stuck behind me on this. I will say like I explained to John, that the pull is "automatic" it is not like they go in and end the listing. Some I think they do, but with mine it was purely by the report button, which they have no control over. I do think that a policy like Brenda has said would save a lot of grief for other sellers, and buyers.