Saturday, June 11, 2011

Paying it forward

For the last few weeks I have sat by helpless as a very close friend of mine faced a crisis in another state and I could do nothing. Between phone calls and listing and selling, and net-working I became more and more frustrated with the situation.

I met Roy on-line through talkshoe, way back (wow, 4 years?.. seems like yesterday) when an auctioneer friend was doing a series on Antiques. Getting to know him in the chat, and net-working with him on other sites, ie: Facebook, twitter, multipy, and other groups. I came to care about him and his wife. These two are a very special and rare couple. Married 37 years, and still going strong.

In February of 2010, I started chatting with Roy on a more personal level. We were in a group together, and he helped me get through some very tough spots in my life. The moral support and observations of someone on the outside looking in, kept me focused and level headed in my decision making. In April of 2010, after a bone marrow biopsy, Roy took over my listing for me. During this time, my marriage started to falter. I finally closed shop for good in August of of 2010, to focus on the home front. Roy took over everything for me. Up to now, he has continued to do so, even dealing with his own crises.

So now it's time for some pay back. I made some calls to a few close friends, my business partner in New York, and my best friend in Alabama, and we hit behind the scenes, to help this couple out.

I won't go into the details of Roys personal journey right now, but I will say, that he got me through mine, and I, and others close to him will get him through his.

If you can help in anyway, housing in the Cape May area, monetary donations, ect; then please do so. We have all hit struggles in our life at one point or another and we all need to know that there are people who love and care for us, regardless of where we reside.

I am putting Roys Paypal addy on here, or you can email me at gypsygirlmuse@gmail.com to help if you'd like.

roybaker@comcast.net

you can also find him here: http://myworld.ebay.com/2woofers
you can find me here: http://stores.ebay.com/GypsyByways

A portion of my sales will go to and continue to help Roy through out the coming months.

Thank you to any and all help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nice thing for you to do for Roy and Donna. My prayers and thoughts are with them. I have made a donation.