Sunday, April 3, 2011

New Beginning's........OMG... the dog.




Alrighty then, this is it folks. Time for a new start and a re-defining of life as I knew it.

As some of you know, my husband and I separated in November of 2010. This separation actually started in Jan of 06, but I was apparently oblivious to what was happening. Oh, I saw some signs of things happening, but what, was not definable. He actually told me on September 29th of 2010, after a camping trip we took. Then continued to stay here. The day after Thanksgiving he said he was moving home to his mothers.

So, I had started a blog awhile back on inspiration, and decided I didn't need it. There were to many in-consistency in what was being said and what actions were taking place for me to think that we may have had a second chance at anything. No regrets here by the way. We had something, and now we don't. Time to move on.

This is where things get a little hinky, but it is what it is. I won't go into the details, because I refuse to degrade what my husbands choices are at this point, but for me, I am done, whether he thought he was or not.

Enough is enough. My priority's have always been the same. Kids 1st, then family, and ect... Now it is Kids, Job, and someday, one day, who knows when, a man that knows how to be honest and real, no games, and will accept me for me. Strong, independent and at times opinionated, but loyal and honest. Take it or leave it. Not marriage, at least that is not on my mind now.... and won't be until the kids are grown and gone, but I will have a man. Period.

So, no more inspiration blog, and going over memory's of my life as it was, it is from today forward. Anyone who knows me, truly knows me, knows I don't go back, I move on. I have always been that way.

So Chin up, boobies out, (as Oshun says) and on with life! We only have one, and my husband is correct in saying that.

This is my family. I love them.
Signing off for now~ Loving life!

11 comments:

Dede said...

Kat I am sorry. But sometimes it is better for everyone involved to let things go and really move on. I stayed married in a marriage that I knew in my heart was not working. Divorced and was never happier. Not saying things weren't hard for the kids and I at first, but we made due and had a very happy and tranquil home. Seven years later I married my rock, my best friend, someone that I truly like, I have never been happier. Wishing you the same! Need to chat, you know where I am.

(((BIG HUGS)))

Sotiro said...

I am so happy for you.. this is the best thing you can do. Bless you sweetie and may all good things come your way! Big Hugs girl!!!!!

Kat Barton said...

@Dede, I am not sorry honey~ Life has a way of teaching us things, and this is just one more lesson on what my goals and priority's are. Love you honey and I hope your hanging in there to. Been thinking about you!

Kat Barton said...

Finally Christine! Ha, you got it, and yes, life is changing and for the better. Love you!

Unknown said...

Yes, "Chin up, boobies out!" I love new beginnings, everything is charged with excitement and possibility! There is a wonderful saying,"What the caterpillar calls the end the rest of the world calls a butterfly." See the beauty and fly!

Anonymous said...

I applaud you for taking a bad situation and making the very best you can of your life.It's like the old Marine saying :When the going gets tough the tough get going".You might not be tough all the time but when it counts you are. Love ya cuz,Louella Garza

Kat Barton said...

WOW Susan, another quote from you I love~ I think I am putting it on my status. Beautiful! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

You have my vote! The older I get, the more I hate the tough times, yet know that they are what is making me the woman I want to be. You have a great attitude. Hugs! - CabinFever (aka Sheri Garvin)

Kat Barton said...

@Sheri, I have been making plans since I came on-line, and you going back to school, kicked in one of my previous goals I gave up on when I married Paul. (not his fault) Just life, but going for it now.

Unknown said...

Keep Rockin Kat!!!! Life awaits you! Time to start living - a new beginning is yours

Kat Barton said...

@Renagade,
Yeah, you saw the photo of my new "life" waiting.. LOL.. yummy~