Friday, January 24, 2014

Living behind the Veil

I read this book, many years ago. At the time, I was married to a man from the Middle East. 

But that is not what this is about. It's funny, I put a  poem up on facebook yesterday, "Letting go", Author Unknown. The comments and shares on this were long. One of them was from a friend in Hawaii. She said I inspired her. 

I almost commented on this. My comment would have been something like this.... 

I don't feel like I inspire anyone. I can barely inspire myself. 
I have been living a life behind a computer screen, behind a person, behind what my actual truth is. 

I write, and hopefully, one day for a living, but as a writer, I write about things I want, a way of life. I write about a lot of things. My life, what I've been through, what I am going through, what I want, where I want to be.. hopes dreams, failure's... I write about all of it..  
The point is, we all live behind a veil. 

We have faces; faces that are private, faces for public... we hide behind what hurts us, what pleases us... how we live our life. We have a tendency to hold close what we feel in truth. We don't allow that out. 

It's not easy to reach out, it scares people. It brings a reality to a situation that we may not want to really look at. I put a lot out here in my writing, but just as much as I put out, I keep in. 

I don't know that this is good, or bad. I really have no thoughts on it at the moment, I just know, we all do it. There are pieces of ourselves we keep. 

I write to let some of that go.. to get it out of me, but I don't write it all.... maybe one day I will... maybe 


No comments: