Wednesday, June 5, 2019

You can't make this shit up

Mohamed Ahmed
Antony's dad 
So basically, this is pretty much my entire adult life. If you've followed my blog, you'll understand.

On Friday, I was out with my best friend for a while. After she left, I had stopped at the store on my way home. I ran into two people from my past. They were friends of my ex-husband Mohamed, and also of my best friend Jen, whom I had just left.

I didn't recognize them at 1st, and one kept asking if I remembered him. I finally realized it was Tarek, and Alat his brother. They asked me if I was still in touch with Jim and Jen. Of course, I said no, I had not seen them in years.  The reason for this is, anyone who knows or is close to Arab men know they love drama, as much as they deny it, and fish for information. At least it's always been that way when it comes to Jen and I. They never wanted us to hang out. So they were always making stuff up to cause problems for us.

They then proceed to tell me, they think something bad has happened to Jen. My response was, oh no, I've not heard a thing. (all this as I'm in text with her) Yes, they say, we think she died. (I'm dying laughing inside during this conversation)

Then they ask me about Antony, my son, asking how is he, they have not seen him since he was 7. Which I know is not true, since they were at the hospital a few years back with him when his dad had a stroke. I did show them a current photo, and one of his dance clips. Anyway, then they say, they think Mohamed died. I just look at them. (still laughing) and I say, no, I think Antony would have told me. 
As I start to move away from them, I say it was good seeing you and goodbye.


Yesterday, I was in message with my son. Antony. Here is our conversation verbatim.

Me: By the way, how's your dad?

Antony: He's OK I guess.....

Me: I ran into two of his old friends on Friday. They said he's dead.

Antony: .........

1/2 hour later
Antony: He's fine mom...lol...

Me: lol.. OK. Just checking. You'd tell me, right?

Antony. Yea.

Me: OK. Love you

Antony: Love you too

You just can't make this shit up.

For years, the men in mine and Jen's life have always tried keeping us apart
or tried causing problems with us. For years, we just laugh about it. It's so strange.  They are all old now, and still playing games like it was 30 years ago.

More to come on Jen and I.


No comments: