Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Timing

Changing paths can make all the difference in the world.

Flying down the back roads of Snohomish County, the windows down, music on and the wind going past, you can smell the heat of summer coming. Fresh mown grass, the hay fields. Its early morning, the sun is out, but cold and brisk. A promise of a new day, a new beginning.

Memories of my younger self on these same roads flit through my mind. The sights and senses the same, but so much has changed.

Life's lessons have taught me to be open and receptive to new beginnings. I have a wild spirit, I've been wayward yet grounded. Always grounded to my upbringing. I'm simple, like quantum physics. A contradiction.

I want passion, excitement, chaos, complication and joy. Yet I want freedom. Freedom to be me.
I want someone to fight for me, to stand with me, and to ground me when I'm heading for the door.

I want love, commitment, compassion, growth, change,  respect. I want storms, thunder, lightning. I want life.

Mistakes will be made, feelings hurt, fights, but in the middle will be respect. Respect for the individuals we are.

Fear and anticipation.  A road not traveled in a long time. A pattern to be broken. A new path. A possibility for the future.

As I roll through the small towns, the air becomes still in anticipation of rain. Storms rolling in. A cleansing of the past.

No comments: